May 2, 2013

THE GIFT OF PEACE

Peace
I have been blessed with the gift of peace. 

I am pretty easy with the world and the way things go.  It takes a lot to get me fired up or to make me worry too much about the future.  I generally live with the idea that things will work out.  I am not one to find stress or anxiety in a situation.

I have recently started working through Donald Miller's Storyline 2.0 to "find my subplot in God's story." One of the first exercises required me to prayerfully consider the theme of my life based on the milestones that have brought me this far.  My theme: God is working all things in my favor, even turning my trials into blessings. 

Looking back through my life, I can see that this is 100% true and it gives me faith, hope, trust and peace for the future. 

For the past four to five years, my heart's desire has been to become a stay-at-home mama.   I have been praying about this quite regularly and have worked really hard to trust God to make it happen or to take that desire from my heart.

For a while, my dream seemed impossible.  Then, it seemed possible, but I felt selfish for my desire and for the sacrifices it would require of Brian and our family as a whole.  At that point, my mindset regarding staying home can best be described as unsettled.  I just wasn't sure if we could make it happen financially or willingly give up the lifestyle that we have grown accustomed to. 

In the last several months, God has granted me a new peace with this decision. 

When 2013 rolled around, I felt a shift in my heart.  I knew that I could trust God to provide for us and lead us.  On an almost daily basis, I can feel and see this happening.  I feel like I can really rest in the peace of knowing that I am moving in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment