Sep 22, 2015

AROUND HERE



We had an "at home" weekend, but with lots of family at home with us.  The boys loved having so many of their favorite people around.  I enjoyed a ton of good food - thanks to my mother-in-law, time to relax (including a quick nap on Saturday afternoon) and quality conversation.  It was a good weekend - full without being stressful or overly busy.

Sam is really into puzzles, recently.  He requires a lot of help the first few times that he puts one together and then he seems to just get it and is able to do it on his own.  Most of his puzzles are about 25-30 pieces.  His Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Alphabet Train floor puzzles are his favorites.  Considering his love of the alphabet, this isn't really a surprise.

Eli learned the word "bum" (as in rear end) and likes to point at people and ask, "bum?"  I think he is trying to figure out if they also have one.  He's a funny little guy.

Brian had a really busy week of evening meetings last week.  It was a foretaste of the coming months when he is coaching basketball.  I always look forward to his arrival home in the late afternoons, so I am not so excited about basketball season.  To look on the brighter side, there are still a few more weeks before the season begins.

Together with my dad and stepmom, Brian and I made tentative plans to participate in a Weekend To Remember event next spring.  My dad and stepmom have offered it to us as a gift and will watch the kiddos while we are away.  It's several months off, but I'm already looking forward to it.

I think I'm really going to like this new blogging schedule.  Four days a week feels respectable, but allowing myself to take Wednesdays and the weekends off allows for some balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment