Jun 5, 2013

LIVING IN A PAGE TURNER


Branches 450
ONCE WE LAUNCH OUR STORY WE WILL BE LIVING IN A PAGE TURNER.  WE WILL WAKE EACH MORNING TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN  AND WE'LL WONDER WHETHER WE CAN GET IT DONE.  -DONALD MILLER, STORYLINE 2.0

I am working through Donald Miller's Storyline 2.0 workbook.  As I was reading, thinking, praying and writing my way through Module 5, I came across the quote above.  Wow!

Not only is it inspiring, but it is pretty much how I have been feeling these past several months.  Like things are going my way.  Like I am making progress.  Like I am living the story that I am meant to live and moving toward the roles that I was made to play. 

I'm not saying that every day is filled with flowers and oreo cookies and all of the wonderful things of life.  There are still loads of laundry to run and (worse) to put away.  There are (too many) moments when I am crabby with Brian for no good reason at all.  There are mornings when I would rather stay in bed than head off to work. 

But.  In general, life is good and I really do have these moments where I am almost overwhelmed with all of the things I am working on.  Not overwhelmed like, "Ack! I have to much to do!," but more like, "I want to do this and this and this and this, but there is only one of me.  I guess I'll have to just pick one to do for the next half hour and then I can move on to another."  It's like there are too many good choices.  And yes, I often set a timer and literally work on various projects for half an hour at a time. 

I am just over halfway through my Storyline project.  It is fabulous.  It is THE THING for me, right now.  Already, it has helped me to consider the roles that I play in life, focus on the ones that are most important and consider where I want those roles to take me.  The subtitle of the book is "Finding Your Subplot in God's Story."  I still have half a book to go, but I think that's exactly where it is taking me. 

If you are feeling lost or like you just need some clarification, I 100% recommend this book along with Donald Miller's other books.  They are all superb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment